Wednesday, June 18, 2014

THE SECOND ROCK AT ALICE KECK

"The Second Rock At Alice Keck"

In the current dry conditions of our early summer (little rain since last spring) our Ventura River has gone to the look of a desolated white stone skeleton of it's previous self.  I miss it so much that today I painted a reminder of a painting that went to a lady doctor many years ago

When the doctor visited my El Paseo Studio in Santa Barbara, many years ago, she was on her journey to a field assignment in the Sudan, as I recall, and was unable to take a large painting along.  She promised to call upon her return.  I was impressed.

About three and a half years later, she called, asking whether the painting was still available... and she said "I am on a gurney in preparation to deliver my first baby and my husband said I could have anything.  I want my "Rock" painting".

We were both pleased.  Elbert

painting by Elbert Price

No comments: