Wednesday, June 18, 2014

DEAR JULIA,





Thanks for the very thoughtful and original Father's Day card.  I really enjoyed being your dad.  I never knew what you'd do next.  I still brag about your ability to climb fences.  I, like you, when little, would escape and wander about, exploring and self entertaining.

I feel so lucky to have lived to see the internet and the cloud.  Self entertaining types, like us, feel we have found the true "Golconda".

When I was struggling to get the first publicly supported Educational T V
Station, Channel 10, launched in Memphis, Tennessee, I thought that getting important informant information from TV would be a miracle.  I never dreamed of the Internet, little alone The Cloud.  But now we have it.

I know many wonders come next and I know I will have to miss them but as you marvel at it all, remember that you got here at a fabulous time to be alive and that I assisted, peripherally in that achievement.
                                                                   
Love you, Elbert (Dad)


No comments: