Sunday, June 22, 2014

ABOUT GEORGE RODRIGUE'S BLUE DOG

BLUE DOG


I've recently learned that George Rodrigue had died...I've met George several times  at shows while I still lived in Louisiana and I liked him, 

While I knew him, he was trying to get his old time Louisiana theme to work for him and was having some success.  He had a gallery in the French Quarters of New Orleans as well.  

We live in California now and he came to my notice again when he had a show in L. A. and his own gallery on Rodeo Drive.  It was featuring the "Blue Dog" theme.  He also had acquired a first class publicist and she was his WIFE.  She did a great job keeping his art out there.

I'm sure that the owners of his original "Blue Dog" paintings are glad they bought one.

I'm also sure that his publicist will be eagerly sought out by a new artist.

Elbert

sketch of "Blue Dog" by Elbert Price

Elbert Price and George Rodrigue at book signing in Lake Charles, La. at the Prien Lake Mall in 1976


  

No comments: