Sunday, June 22, 2014

CAUGHT IN THE ACT

"Caught In The Act"

She drove into the art school parking lot in a grey Rolls Royce Corniche convertible with the top down. Her coiffure looked like the stable hand had done it, totally beyond casual. She was about five feet seven inches tall and very attractive... I'm saying "this can't be our model".  She wasn't.  Our model didn't show at start time.

I said "To hell with the model, I'm going to sculpt her".  So I sat up across the studio  and began my portrait blank in preparation. The model came and the class began. 

I sneaked shot several photos of my intended model before she spotted me and delivered a look that clearly said my attention was most unwelcome. I went back to my work and tried not to notice but it was wasted activity.  She took a look at my results and left, never to return.  I always regretted offending her and I know that I did.  I had to complete the sculpture from my photos of her.

 Elbert

No comments: