Tuesday, May 13, 2014

OZZIE'S GARDEN


The Garden

Sometimes when I was a five year old kid, I'd sit on Ozzie Wilson's shady back porch and look out upon the sun flooded back vegetable kitchen garden. There was a martin house about midway and humming birds, wrens and mocking birds were everywhere. The fencing was fronted with a type of domestic blackberry and a fruit orchard was beyond. Nothing spectacular was going on. One could tell life was happening.

This is a warm spot on my mind that I often go back to.  The Ranchera garden reminded me.                                                          
                                                                                           Elbert
                                                                                 

No comments: