Friday, April 1, 2011

Abstract Expressionist Study on Huffington Post

My response to a Huffington Post report on a study on Abstract Expressionist which said that there is validity in the works as opposed to the works of primates and children is as follows:

I an 85 and have been painting and sculpting since I was 4 years old.  Your pseudo scientific article is comparable to pretending that a personality can be explained by examining the bumps on the person's head.

I thought that the whole bunch of Abstract Expressionists and their "supporters" were a curse on the whole art community, making us objects of ridicule by association.  I was glad when Jackson Pollock finally put and end to them.

Children's art is direct and expressive and fun to view.  We love it.  Elbert Price

No comments: